Visit the castle's shop on WowThankYou

Find us at WowThankYou!

Sunday, 25 March 2012

Handmade Monday - Quickie

Well, it's a short but sweet Handmade Monday Blog this week as with moving a week ago, haven't had much time to get crafting!

I did however manage to have a sneaky go at wrapping headbands in grosgrain ribbon for the first time!

Come out really well but I do need to buy a glue gun to finish them off properly!


A customer was going to buy some lovely felt accessorised headbands until she discovered her little girl was allergic to it, so also had a go at making my first ribbon bow too. Now this is only a practice, decided they need to be a bit less wide and use bigger buttons for the middle.


I'm now waiting to arrange collection of a sewing machine table so I can get my craft room decked out, can't wait!

Hope everyone managed to get out in the sun this weekend. We had a stressful but exciting Saturday - spent 5 hours in a travel agents but we finally booked a fab holiday with our best friends and godchildren.

Speaking of godchildren...since they moved 15 minutes away (instead of an hour away) a few weeks ago our relationship with them has improved already! Sophia (who is 3) asked mummy and daddy if "aunty tasha and uncle davo could come over" on Friday and within 30 minutes we were there! Had a few heart melting moments this weekend:
1. Sophia, when quickly visiting the new house, asking if she could stay over sometime.
2. Elodie (who is 1 but particular about who she goes to) putting her arms out for me to pick her up and have a big cuddle.
3. Sophia insisting that the Monkey I gave her was called "Monkey Aunty Tasha"
4. Sophia asking mummy and daddy if they could come and visit us today!

Much love as always xxx

11 comments:

  1. Lovely headbands. Love the sweet godchildren snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We booked a holiday this week too? Nice feeling isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the headbands and you had such a lovely time with the god children and beautiful weather, sounds like a perfect weekend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Wendy :0

    It's a fab feeling Helen, not had a holiday abroad with my other half so it's all very exciting!

    It was fantastic Caroline, if only every weekend could be so sunny and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those headbands look really cute - and well done at actually getting something done since you only moved a week ago!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those headbands are lovely. Can't believe you've been making things if you moved so recently!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Teehee, I actually made the headbands on Wednesday night after moving on the Saturday! I made sure only my crafty stuff went into the box room and tidied it up before we moved so I knew where everything was. I'm itching to get cracking again, ordered lots of new ribbons and a glue gun!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The headbands are really sweet. Children say the best things, love the idea of naming a monkey 'Monkey Aunty Tasha' x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely hairbands! I love my glue gun, you'll wonder how you managed without it for so long! Best of luck in your new home.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Good luck with decking out the sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the things children say, good luck with everything and enjoy your new home.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete