Visit the castle's shop on WowThankYou

Find us at WowThankYou!

Sunday, 5 February 2012

Another handmade monday blog

I love the Handmade Monday blog over at http://www.1stuniquegifts.co.uk/blog/ as it makes me remember to write a blog!

Been rather busy this week with orders :)

The lovely Sara added to her order again but here it is in all it's glory :)


She also convinced her friend Agnie to order some headbands too...


After making some nice pink and purple bobbles, Natasha ordered these 4 little beauties too


So those were my orders and I made this gorgeous cushion for myself which I haven't advertised on my page as the teal felt is a bit difficult to get hold of, but really chuffed with how it's turned out. Experimented a bit with the detailing on the flowers and came out well :)


I then wanted to make something a bit different so after asking my lovely facebook fans I decided on a cat and butterfly design. Not as big as the A4 sized cushion above, but very cute and will do perfectly for my first craft fair of the year 19th Feb. I didn't sew down the butterfly wings as they look nice and 3D like :)


And then my little organza bags arrived so I could show how the gift sets will look for the craft fairs and when they're purchased online



Decided to sell the gift sets as colour coordinated ones in case people were put off by not being able to see what colours they were getting.

I'm off from the day job Monday and Tuesday and hoping to get some more goodies completed but also look at designing a poster and figuring out how to attach bunny ears to a headband in time for Easter!

Much love as always xxx

14 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely goodies to see this week - they are all gorgeous. I really do like the cat and butterfly cushion. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why thank you :)

    Thought I'd try something bit different and got 2 more ideas for next week too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cat and bird cushions-brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pillows are so sweet love the bird one and so many makes, happy crafting

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've been busy, busy, busy! Love the mischievous cat cushion

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving the hair accessories. Little girls would love these. The cushions are great too. You have been very busy this week! Mich :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cushions are fab, I especially like the butterfly wings. The little bags of goodies look great too. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. All your makes are fab, this blog post was a visual treat. I particularly love the bird cushion x

    ReplyDelete
  9. The cushions look good, the teal is a really good colour, it goes so well with the bird.

    Jan :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone for your lovely comments. I'm really pleased with how the cat and bird cushion turned out as I didn't really have a design in mind when I got started :)

    I love doing lots of bright coloured things as kids are drawn to them and adults like them too!

    Best comment I've had so fair about my hair accessories is "they're loads nicer than claire's accessories and cheaper"

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yes the hair accessories are lovely and will go down well :) Good idea sticking to a coloured theme to keep them together.
    With the bunny ears, maybe you could insert wire somehow and wrap it around the head band? That way the ears can also move to what position they want them in!?I guess making sure wire is secure as they're for children?
    Love the cushion especially the 3d butterfly! x`

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm crazy about the kitty and butterfly, that is superb, especially with the 3D wings. And the organza bags are outstanding. I am going to be making a little bag for a necklace I'm sending off as a gift, but I don't know if I can sew something that filmy. Probably will just sue some regular fabric. You did such a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Really colourful and pretty makes. Really like the cat on the cushion with the butterfly.

    You have been busy!

    Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi I have nominated/awarded you the Versatile Blogger Award! Pop on over to my blog- diomoglass.blogspot.com for more info xx

    ReplyDelete