Visit the castle's shop on WowThankYou

Find us at WowThankYou!

Sunday, 29 January 2012

Bobble mad!

Sorry I've been a bit quiet on the blog front of late, been getting stuck into an invitation order then goingmad for felt hair accessories! Handmade Monday from 1st Unique Gifts reminded me that I needed to show everyone what I've been doing to keep me so occupied!

First the invites...

Leanne's been a regular customer since July so when she asked me to make her some custom made birthday invitations I was really happy to do them. They took a bit of designing as I had a mental block on the 4 then found my glitter stash and all was well again.
Saying that, they took me 3 nights to finish as I was so shattered from work in the day I found it difficult to concentrate for too long.
Very happy with the finished results though :)


Especially as they're a bit different with the way they fold


Leanne even suggested I put stickers on the back to advertise where they'd been made. How cool is that?

I've also been going a bit felt hair accessories mad which is a good thing as Sara put a mammoth order in for 6 headbands, 2 snap clips and 2 bobbles!
Here's half of the order so far...

And here's some other bobbles and things I've been making




And after a suggestion from Ros and my friend Stacey here's the gift set...

19 comments:

  1. I can see a career in party bags for you! I can see a bunch of 4 year olds wanting those hair clips and Alice bands :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that...someone's already suggested it. Thinking either doing a random set of 5 for £3.50 or buying the bags to go with them and doing 3 for £3 including the bag :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look lovely, very colourful and bright.

    Jan x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the invites and the hair accessories look fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving the little bird bobble. The invites are really nice too. You have been busy! Mich x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks all, yes very busy just the way I like it! Just made the gift sets Ros, I'll ad them into the blog so you can see :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The invites are lovely and those hair bands will be a huge success!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have been going mad with making. The invites are good and yes you must have your details on them you never know more orders may come flooding in. Love the hair pieces.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lots of lovely makes - well done. they are look so good, especially the hair bands, very pretty. Hope you have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the invites - definitely always have your details on the back as it often leads to other sales. Love the hair accessories, too - very bright and a lot of fun x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone for the lovely comments. I'm really enjoying making my hair things as I love anything bold and bright, hopefully little girls will love them too.
    Going to be designing some golden jubliee ones soon too :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the headbands, I agree kids parties would be great for you! It's nice that you were able to put your stickers on the backs of the cards too, hopefully people will see that and place future orders with you. Just seen you're on Wow Thank you - me too!x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the party invites. They're very unusual

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks Helen, I'm always looking for unusual things when it comes to things that you can readily get. Took a while to make but recipient LOVED them so rather pleased :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really like those headbands. Certainly stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks Kat, just glad other people like them as much as I do!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The stickers are such a good and easy idea! Love the card. Oh, and that bird is my very favorite, how cute is that, when I was a girl I would have been crazy about it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Lucky girlies, the hair accessories are lovely, clever invitations.
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete