Visit the castle's shop on WowThankYou

Find us at WowThankYou!

Wednesday, 5 October 2011

An interview with...Dainty Bits

The interviews from other businesses keep on coming on so here’s another one for you to look at…just don’t speak Italian!

Why did you chose your business name, when did you start the business, how you got started and what was your inspiration?

Dainty Bits Jewellery started out as Dainty Jewellery, I chose this name because I felt it would reflect my jewellery range of dainty necklaces and rings! It was then my boyfriend who said to me ''call it dainty bits'' and the name stuck! I first got the idea to make and sell jewellery earlier this year. i was looking for a new hobby to keep me sane whilst finishing my uni dissertation! I started off by visiting my local bead shop (luckily just around the corner!) and seeing what beads, charms, chains, and findings they sold, the lovely owner of the shop gave me a beginners guide to making jewellery and a catalogue of all their products, and it went from there.



What it is you do, how do you do it and why do you do it?
I make and sell necklaces and rings, I am going to expand into bracelets soon too. I buy all of my materials and then sit down with them all and come up with ideas. I have a theme that runs throughout my current collection of bows, I have attached a bow to everything! It wasn't a conscious decision, but now I quite like it! I love making jewellery, I have always been a creative person, but I cannot draw to save my life! I am much better at making physical things, so jewellery fits the bill perfectly! I am still very much a beginner, so I'm excited to learn much more about jewellery making and improve my jewellery!



How can people find you and how can people buy from you?
You can buy my jewellery from: www.daintybits.bigcartel.com, I also have a blog over at: www.daintybits.blogspot.com, and you can follow me on twitter @daintybits.



A weird and wonderful fact about yourself…
A weird fact would be that I always get mistaken for being Italian! I have no Italian blood in me at all, people come up to me in Italian restaurants speaking their language, and I'm like "sorry, i have no idea what you just said!".

No comments:

Post a Comment