Visit the castle's shop on WowThankYou

Find us at WowThankYou!

Friday, 19 August 2011

What's in a name...

Two blogs in one night, I'm spoiling you!

I've been asked a few times where I got the name Jeeberella from so thought it was a story worth sharing...

When I was 14 I needed a name for the MTV2 forum

And I just so happened to watching The Simpsons

I also just so happened to be watching the episode where Homer becomes a missionary accidentally but her refers to Jesus as Jebus.
I don't know why but I loved the fact he said Jebus so I decided on the name: female_jebus


As I started to use the forums more people shortened it to Jeeby. I can't remember which sister said it, but at the time they were aged 4 and 6 and one of them said princesserella so I combined the two and Jeeberella was born!

This stuck and had been my email address and nickname for the last 11 years!!!!!

When I set up the business I was making cards so I started out with Tasha's Crafty Cards but realised there was nothing special about it and as I wanted to branch out into other things I wanted something completely unique.

Naturally, I thought about how to use Jeeberella and eventually Jeeberella's Craft Castle was born!

Best bit is if you google Jeeberella, all of the 5,000+ results are me in one shape or form!

So there you have it, that's the story behind my business name. Feel free to share your business name stories as a comment below :)

1 comment:

  1. thats brilliant! i love the fact that its so unique that you are the only google results. you may not have planned it that way but that seems like a great idea for marketing purposes! great story.

    ReplyDelete