I've been unfortunate enough to have my facebook page suspended for 15 days due to spamming. Now I've never had a problem with spreading the castle over networking pages before but it seems Facebook have changed the parameters for what they consider spamming. I can still use my page, like other pages and comment on things on my page but I can't write on anyone elses.
So I thought I'd just share some advice as well as sharing a list of networking pages that people may find useful:
If you have anymore that I don't know about just let me know and I'll add them on.
- Send in the troops
- An interview with
- Rainbow Studios Small Business Network
- Showcase Me
- Fan Page Promote
- Pass the Page Parcel UK & IRE
- Pop round for a cuppa
- Addicted to networking
- The crafty network
- Crafty networking
- We love networking
- The page postman
- Fanpage party
- Handmade for you UK
- UK handmade craft pages
- Handmade Crafts Directory (UK)
- 360 shout outs
- Captain shout-out
- Promote my fan page
- Oh yeah shout outs
Just a few tips to think about when you're using this list to network and get your business page out there:
- Make your "advert" as that's essentially what it is, a bit different. Leave links to your blogs, online shops, photo albums as well as telling people in a short and sweet way what you do and what you offer. If you have a special offer on, make sure you tell people about it too!
- Don't copy and paste the same message onto lots of pages in a short space of time. Facebook think it's spamming. So always manually type the message in.
- Be very careful with these silent tagging status games, liking too many pages in a short space of time can also be seen as spamming.
- Also be careful when marching on pages that you're not doing them too quickly, especially if you've joined late and are catching up.
- If in doubt, leave 15 - 20 mins between each "group" of posts. I'd suggest doing 5 at a time just to be on the safe side. I've been doing what I've been doing since February and it's never been a problem, facebook must have changed their parameters for spamming so be careful peeps!